Concord & 9th - Many Mandalas

IMG_8065-KraftgaliIt's Tuesday so that means I am up on the Kraftgali Blog today! I'm featuring the Many Mandalas Stamp Set from Concord & 9th and I also used the coordinating dies. The newest Concord & 9th Release is also available in the Kraftgali Store.

My husband and I have a very special wedding coming up next month for our niece, so I've been playing with lots of ideas for their wedding card to go with their gift. This card is a distinct possibility with its shimmery mandalas although I would create one using her wedding colors.

To begin with I stamped each of the Mandalas onto Heavy White Cardstock in Versamark and heat embossed with Antique Gold Embossing Powder.  I used my MISTI tool for this so that if I missed any parts of the mandala I could stamp it again in the same position. Next I used a Mini Ink Blending Tool (with Clean Foam) to apply Brilliance Pearlescent Pigment Ink in Jade and Purple to the mandalas. Since I didn't want there to be a white edge, when I die cut them, I went past the outline for each of these and then die cut them with the coordinating dies.  You could also die cut the shapes first and then stamp. Either way is okay so do whichever you are comfortable with.  I didn't want to mess with using the negative as a place holder since I was only making one card but if you wanted to create multiple cards, you sure could.
ef984-img_80232bfor2bkraftgali

After I had them ink blended, I misted them all over with Iridescent Gold Shimmer Mist and let them dry.  I die cut a Stitched Rectangle from the MFT Blueprints 15 Die and misted that with the same shimmer spritz. I adhered the panel to an A2 top folding white card base.  After giving the mandalas a few minutes to dry I die cut them and then adhered them in order using Thin 3D Foam Squares for the first three layers and then a circle of fun foam for the bottom layer to give it a little bit of space between the card base and the layer.

It's hard to get tape runner to stick to the fun foam so I cut two pieces of 1-inch wide Scor-Tape to adhere the foam to the bottom of the largest mandala and then again to the fun foam so I could place it on my card base. Using Thin 3D Foam Squares allows for that bit of dimension without adding too much bulk to the card. It's not as big a concern since we'll be delivering the card and gift in person but if you are planning to mail a card you want to be sure and put extra postage on it or just use glue to adhere all the layers of the mandalas.

IMG_8053.-Kraftgali

I cut two of the banners, one in the same white cardstock and one from gold foiled cardstock.  For the final touch of sparkle on this wedding card, I added a few Swarovski Crystals to the front of the card in two different sizes using Ranger Multi Medium Matte. I've sent several cards with pearls or gems on them through the mail. My Sister-In-Law, Brenda, tells me that although the "postman" (or his automated machines in this case) tries to steal them, they come still attached. Padded Mailers work great for something like this if you need to mail it.  I buy a few packs each time I'm in my local Dollar Tree Store.

Be sure to stop back in on Friday when Hannah is here with a new project for you and don't forget to look around the store as new inventory is being added all the time.

1 comment: