Using a Stamp Set to Make Your Own Background Paper

Hi crafty friends! 
This weather we have been having has been crazy one day at the park and out for ice cream because it was in the 80s then a few days later it was cold and we even got some snow. 

I'm really ready for some summer weather to stay so this Monday I have a card to share made with Avery Elle's adorable Cool Treats Stamp set

I started by stamping all of the images onto a smooth 8 1/2"X 11" sheet of cardstock in different directions to keep them as close together as I could. I used my Tim Holtz stamp platform to make it easier to re stamp if I didn't get a clear image. 


After all of the images where stamped in Momento black ink I colored them all in with alcohol markers. I really didn't want to cut into the background when I was done it looked so cool. I love all of the bright colors. I did give in and started to die cut into the large piece. I ended up getting four cards made with my background paper. 


For my first card I matted the pattern paper onto some glitter cardstock and two different colors of cardstock.  


My first card was kept simple I stamped the sentiment and die cut a banner out of it. 


My second card I made a frame with my pattern paper and adhered it with foam tape. 


I fussy cut some of the treats for the center of the card and stamped the sentiment below the treats. 


My third card was almost the same as the first but a added a larger matte of glitter cardstock. 


After all of the coloring I didn't want to color to much of the paper up. 


For my fourth and last card I added a die cut stitched circle in the middle with glitter cardstock coming out of the sides. 


I added a snow cone with some Clear Nuvo drops over the top of the snow cone to give it a glazed look. For the sentiment I curved the stamp up to give it a  little circle shape. 

Thanks for stopping by today! Hope you have  a great week. 

~Crystal 

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous coloring and way to get 4 cards out one stamped and colored sheet!😍

    ReplyDelete