DIY Shaker Embellishments

Hi there,

Today I am doing to share a process video of these cute shaker embellishments on YouTube Channel. These would come handy to use in the middle of a card or any scrapbook layout.



I think they turned out so sweet!

For my shakers, I have cut frame from white cardstock, pattern paper & 2 layers of foam sheets. You may use a felt sheet also. you could use just 1 foam, but I prefer a minimum of 2, so, there is room in there for the sequins to move around & an extra dimension.

You will also need some sort of clear acetate or packaging - use anything you have in hand to use as shaker window. Take the frame & trace it on your acetate piece - not too exact, its fine as long as you stay inside the frame & outside its center. Using the acetate piece- trace it on another cardstock piece which would be your embellishment's bottom.


I used strong double sided adhesive to assemble them. Having a good adhesive for shaker card is the key! (to prevents spills and leaks). I've some coordinating colors of sequins & beads.

Don’t put too much sequins & beads, leave some space for them to "shake". 


You can make these for all sorts of occasion










Thanks for watching! x

0 comments:

Post a Comment