Interactive Valentine's with Lawn Fawn!


Hello!  This is Candice and I am so excited to be sharing my creations with you and will be bringing you something new every Friday!  For today, I created four mini cards using the new Lawn Fawn's Let's Toast trio set of stamps and dies perfect for valentine's!


For my first card, I trimmed 110lb white cardstock to 4"x8", scored, and folded in half to make my card base.  I then trimmed 110lb black cardstock a little under 4"x4" and adhered to the front.  I took a piece of Tim Holtz watercolor paper, trimmed to a little under 3.75"x3.75" and inked the center with spun sugar oxide ink using the Tim Holtz blending tool.


I stamped the images from Lawn Fawn's Let's Toast stamp set, colored with copic markers, and die cut out using the Let's Toast coordinating dies.  To create the pull up tab I used the Let's Toast pull up add on die following the video on Lawn Fawn's website.  It's very easy, once you see the instructions you will remember for next time!  I simply lined up the notch die to the top of my inked paper and ran through my die cutting machine.  Then I marked and lined up where I wanted the notch to pull the pop tart up and ran through my die cutting machine.  I also die cut the pull up tab, the holder to keep the pull up tab straight, and the pink glitter handle.  Next, I adhered the pop tart to the bottom of the pull tab, lined up the toaster over it, and pop dotted using two on each side of the toaster.

To finish the card, I heat embossed the sentiment in white on 110lb black cardstock using the anti-static pouch to help keep it from sticking, trimmed the edges to a banner, and pop dotted at the bottom of the toaster.  I added some pink sequins for my final touch.


For my second card, I created the base the same but I used tumbled glass oxide ink on the Tim Holtz watercolor paper.  I made the pull tab the same but used the toast and added blue sequins.

For the third card, I wanted to use the Let's Toast pull tab die in a different way.  I wanted my little avocado to get close to its love of toast!


I created the base the same and used shabby shutters oxide ink on the Tim Holtz watercolor paper.  This time I made the pull tab on the side adding the avocado to the pull tab and the toast pop dotted next to the avocado when it is pulled out.  I made the banner the same with heat embossing and used green sequins.

For my final and fourth card, I had to have my two loves of PB & J come together!  


I used the same technique as in the previous cards but used milled lavender oxide ink on the Tim Holtz watercolor paper and added purple sequins.


I hope this has inspired you to try some interactive card making for this valentine's season!  The Let's Toast trio of stamps and dies make it easy to create different style cards. 

Wishing you lots of crafty creative time until I see you next Friday!

Candice





2 comments: