Alcohol Inked Galaxy by Mary Polanco

Hello everyone!  Today's project features alcohol inks, making a fun, bold galaxy background.  This was so much fun to make and I LOVE this cute stamp set by Lawn Fawn called Beam Me Up!
I started off inking up my Yupo Paper with different colors of alcohol ink.  I added some alcohol blending solution along the way to mix the colors and I also used a straw to help things along by blowing on the inks.  
 After getting the colors the way I liked, I took some white acrylic paint and put a dab on my clear block.  I added a spritz of water and then splattered the paint on my card using both a paint brush and a toothbrush.....yes a toothbrush!  THAT'S how you get the "millions of stars" look.
I stamped and colored my little aliens and then added googly eyes to the big one and dots of Glossy Accents to the smaller alien.  I backed them on some vellum because they would have gotten lost otherwise.  Lastly, I backed the card panel onto a pink glitter cardstock, and then on the Neenah 110lb white card base, making sure to round the corners of all of the layers.
Thanks so much for crafting with me today! Let me know if you have any questions!!!

Kraftgali Shop
Kraftgali YouTube

Products Used:
Lawn Fawn Beam Me Up
Multi Medium Matte Adhesive
Glossy Accents
Lawn Fawn Hillside Border Die
Spectrum Noir  Markers


0 comments:

Post a Comment